Let's Practice!

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our <br>community around the world in English!

Home Forums What do you do to stay disciplined when working on a skill? Reply To: What do you do to stay disciplined when working on a skill?

• Amber

Administrator
    March 11, 2024 at 12:16 PM

Timers and scheduling tasks are a really good idea! It’s also easy to become frustrated when kids or life interrupt that specific timeframe. I’ve learned to set up “margin” in my schedule each day and week to ensure there is “buffer time.”

So, for example, I set aside 5:30 – 6:30am for writing, but sometimes my kids wake up around 6, cutting my writing time short. I have built-in a buffer time for tasks that often get interrupted from 8 – 8:45pm most evenings and an additional hour on Saturday mornings while the kids watch their favorite cartoon.

The funny thing is that I have had to use that buffer time EVERY DAY for the last few months and have tended to work on catching up tasks until bedtime. So, I guess my “buffer time” is really just “work time” now. 😅

error: Content is protected !!